Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our Neo-Baroque world


The Trans Siberian Orchestra performing "Beethoven's Last Night" live



I'm sure many of us, if not all of us have heard of the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  If you've ever seen them live then even better, because none of what I'm about to say will come as a surprise!  The Tran Siberian Orchestra is a rock group that performs mostly Christmas music and classical music.  Their concerts involve lavish performances, incredible light shows, as well as some pretty kick-ass pyrotechnics.  This is exactly why I think TSO is a perfect example of our presence in a Noe-Baroque world.  The eye catching performances put forth by this musical group personify perfectly the ideals that were prominent in the Baroque period.  Below this post's title is a link to an example of a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert.  Please comment and let me know what you think of them and their incredible light shows.  Every time I see them perform, I cannot help but stare in awe at what incredible opportunities technology has created for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment